In the past few years RABC has accomplished many great things at TCH while having fun and building new friendships. RABC enables parents to participate and support Teurlings Catholic High School in several ways while promoting academic excellence and enhancing the productivity of TCH. RABC provides quarterly incentives to students, prizes for the Academic Pep Rally, monthly teacher luncheons, as well as assisting the administration with registration, substituting, and sprucing up the grounds.
2013-2014 RABC Officers
President: Janet Ray
Hospitality - Brenda Riche'
Student Incentives - Carla Thousand
Teacher Luncheon - Carlene Latiolais and Shellie Broussard
Catholic Schools Week - Nessie Laviolette
Swap Shop - Lauri Friloux
Silent Auction -Jan Delahoussaye and Lori Beslin
Mail Outs - Aline Norwood
Rebel Academic Backers Club (RABC)
Examples of past items: sporting event and concert tickets; time-share vacations; beach condos; bed & breakfast and other weekend stays; tutoring lessons; art work; dental; landscape supplies and services; and much more!
Below is a list of ways you can assist the Rebel Academic Backers Club. Look it over and if there is something you would like to help out on, contact Janet Ray, RABC President. She can be contacted by email:
To send an email to Janet Ray, just click her email above. Let her know which things you want to help with. Include your name, phone number (day and night) and the name(s) and grade level(s) of your child(ren) who attend TCH.
Click here to obtain the form: RABC Volunteer Form
The RABC needs assistance with the following items:
1. Substitutes - Our teachers are able to attend meetings, workshops, etc., thanks to our dedicated parents who fill in as substitutes when teachers need to be away.
2. Mail outs - Two to three times a year this committee will assist in preparing items for mail out. Volunteers will be notified two weeks in advance.
3. Faculty and Staff Recognition - This committee recognizes our faculty and staff in various ways, i.e. monthly luncheons, treats during parent/teacher conference, candy bags at Christmas time, etc.
4. Hospitality - This enthusiastic group of parents provide refreshments for several events throughout the year and can serve as host during Open House, Grandparents Day, Catholic Schools Week etc.
5. Silent Auction - (February 8, 2014) In conjunction with the TASC $10,000 raffle and dance, this committee has been able to raise funds dedicated solely to the enhancement of technology at TCH.
6. Student Incentives - Thanks to your donations RABC provides 20 prizes ($15.00—$20.00 value) every quarter to students who maintain honor roll status as well as grand prizes (TV, IPOD, Cash, etc) at the annual Academic PepRally.
7. Swap Shop - This group of parents help maintain the uniform swap shop. Once or twice a month parents come in and fold uniforms and place on shelves. This allows parents and students to come in and trade uniforms and/or purchase gently used uniforms.